Components of Borage Seed Oil
Borage seed oil is very rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs). Here are some of the nutrients found in this oil:
- Omega 6 fatty acid GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid)
- Icosenoic acid
- Docosenoic acid
- Oleic acid
- Palmitic acid
- Stearic acid
Borage seed oil promotes youthful skin! That’s because of its rich essential fatty acid content and GLAs that fight inflammation and free radicals that both promote premature aging. It has the following benefits for anti-aging: cell regenerative, firming, soothing, moisturizing, anti-inflammatory and revitalizing.
2. Treats Inflammatory Skin Conditions
You can use borage seed oil to treat skin inflammatory conditions like eczema, psoriasis and rosacea. It can be used internally and externally. This is because borage seed oil has high levels of GLAs that has been shown to be anti-inflammatory and correct deficiencies in the skin’s sebum (natural oils) that are caused by low levels of delta-6-desaturate activity.
Borage seed oil is incredibly rich in GLA (Gamma Linoleic Acid) that deeply moisturizes skin with long-lasting hydration. Prick a borage seed oil capsule with a safety pin and squeeze the oil into your face moisturizer. It’s said to balance the skin’s natural oils. You can also apply it directly on your skin but it seriously stinks so you’d rather combine it with something else.
- For Sensitive Skin
The high levels of GLA fight skin inflammation. It is also soothing and hydrating. All these factors make it soothing and gentle for sensitive skin issues. Skin can be sensitive when not enough protective oils are produced by the oil glands. This can make it dehydrated, causing inflammatory flare-ups that lead to sensitivity in skin. So applying borage seed oil topically can provide your skin with the essential fatty acids its lacking and balance out sebum.
5. For Healthy Hair
Dr. Oz touted borage seed oil as a moisturizing product for the hair. It helps retain moisture in the care by coating it. But that’s not all! Borage seed oil can also promote hair growth, treat folliculitis and dry scalp issues. You can use it both internally and externally for all these purpose.
- Skin Rejuvenating
Borage seed oil is an amazing skin rejuvenator. If you’re suffering from dull skin, scars and dark marks, try using borage seed oil in your skin care routine! You can make weekly facial masks with it:
7. Hormonal Acne
People have had success treating hormonal acne using borage seed oil and evening primrose oil, internally and externally. You can take borage seed oil capsules internally to balance your hormones naturally. But please ensure to pass it through your doctor or dermatologist before you do so. Applying borage seed oil on your face is also a good way to combat hormonal acne.
Precaution & Tips:
- Pregnant women should avoid borage seed oil
- Borage seed oil may prolong bleeding time, increase the risk of bruising and bleeding, and increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery (Wikipedia).
- Do not take borage oil or borage-containing products internally/externally without first consulting with your doctor, especially if you have health complications. Though it has amazing benefits, using it improperly can be damaging.
- If you have liver problems, please stay away from borage seed oil.
- Overdose of borage seed oil (1,500 to 3,000 mg daily) can lead to seizures and other complications.
- Do a patch test by applying a little borage seed oil on your inner arm. If there’s irritation within 1-2 hours, do not use the oil.
- Mix borage seed oil with more stable oils like jojoba oil, meadowfoam seed oil, wheat germ oil or vitamin E oil to prolong its shelf life. You can add 1 tsp of any of these oils to 1 oz of borage seed oil. Or, simply refrigerate the oil to keep it fresh.
SHIPPING & RETURN
- Dispatch: Within 24 Hours for single item orders and 1-2 days for bulk orders.
- Free shipping across all products on a minimum purchase of $35.
- International delivery time - 7-10 business days
- Local Pick Up available from Bartlett, Illinois 60103
- Easy 30 days returns and exchanges
You have 30 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused or unopened in the original packaging. Your item needs to have the receipt or proof of purchase.